I'm Kaito Sugimoto, a full-cycle developer working at a telecommunications company in Japan.
My academic path led me to the University of Tokyo, where, under the expert guidance of the Aizawa Laboratory, I obtained my Bachelor's degree in Science in 2021 and Master's degree in Information Science and Technology in 2023.
My professional and personal interests span:
- Software Engineering: Building robust, efficient, and scalable software solutions that can make a significant impact is something I genuinely enjoy.
- Cloud Native Development: I have a keen interest in developing cloud-native applications that are designed to fully leverage the capabilities of modern cloud technologies, especially Google Cloud. This includes practices like microservices architecture, DevOps, continuous delivery, containerization, and orchestration with Kubernetes. I currently hold the Associate Cloud Engineer and Professional Cloud Architect certifications.
- Machine Learning/Natural Language Processing: The ever-evolving complexities and potential of these technologies fuel my constant learning journey in these fields. Even after leaving academia, my commitment to promoting the field of natural language processing in Japan remains strong. As part of these efforts, I'm actively managing an open-source repository named awesome-japanese-llm, which aggregates information about open-source large language models in Japanese.
- Generative AI/Large Language Models: My fascination with generative AI is so profound that all the content on this site is generated by AI, based on the prompts I have provided!
- Medical AI: Having seen Japan's demographics, I'm very interested in how cutting-edge technologies like AI can be leveraged in the medical field to help tackle the challenges posed by an aging population.
- EdTech: I am particularly captivated by EdTech's potential to revolutionize learning at all stages of life. The technology can significantly enhance the learning experience for school students by providing personalized content, promoting collaborative learning, and making education more engaging. Moreover, for adults seeking to refresh their skills or acquire new ones in response to a fast-paced job market, EdTech offers a flexible, accessible, and efficient way to learn on-the-go, fitting education seamlessly into their busy schedules.
While at the Aizawa Laboratory, I was fortunate to contribute to the JMedRoBERTa Project, an initiative focused on building a large-scale language model specifically for the Japanese medical domain. This experience provided me with invaluable insights into the real-world applications of large language models.
From 2018 to 2022, I had the privilege of working at DWANGO Co., Ltd., a well-known company behind the popular video-sharing platform, "Niconico". My responsibilities there varied from creating educational content for N Preparatory School’s e-learning service, developing IT tools to streamline content creation, to supporting in-house content editors and instructors.
Before my university and professional journey, from 2011 to 2017, I attended the Junior and Senior High School at Komaba, University of Tsukuba. This period sparked my initial interest in science and technology and set the foundation for my future path.
I appreciate your time in visiting my portfolio. Feel free to explore my projects and experiences. I'd love to connect and explore potential collaborations! Please feel free to reach out through LinkedIn.
If necessary, you can also contact me by email at `kaito.sugimoto [at] ntt.com`, though I prefer communication through LinkedIn.
Please note, you're welcome to reach out to me in either English or Japanese.
Copyright (c) 2024, Kaito Sugimoto